Australian Open Pageantry
It's Maria, finally.
I was there, I wish.
Australian Open Sharapova-Ivanovic Key Facts
- Saturday's final marks the fifth clash between Ana Ivanovic and Maria Sharapova, but is their first meeting in a final.
- Amazingly, all four matches between the two to date have finished in two sets.
- Head-to-head: Ivanovic 2 - 2 Sharapova.
- Their only previous meeting in a Grand Slam was at last year's French Open semifinal, where Ivanovic prevailed in straight sets.
- Ivanovic is aiming for her first Grand Slam title; Sharapova is chasing her third.
- Ivanovic will edge ahead of Svetlana Kuznetsova in the world rankings regardless of Saturday's result and will become the world No.2 when she leaves Melbourne Park.
- Sharapova will remain world No.5.
- En route to the final Ivanovic has lost only one set, while Sharapova is yet to have lost one.